About the Project
HCPM developed a transit supported 5 storey, 34 unit apartment building located in the city of Cambridge. Of the 34 units, 30 are one- bedroom units, 550 square feet in size. The remaining 4 units are two-bedrooms of approximately 800 square feet.
The apartment dwellings have open concept living room/kitchen. The building was constructed using energy efficient Insulated Concrete Forms (ICF).
The site’s designation in the City’ Official Plan was changed from Low-Medium Residential to High-Density Residential. The site also required a re-zoning to change its designation to Residential Multiple 1 (RM1) to permit the construction of this new apartment building. A number of site specific amendments to the RM1 designation were also required to reduce the number of parking spaces required, landscaped open space and the interior side yard setback.
- Liaison with City Planning staff & City’s Housing Services Division - Cambridge
- Business plan and associated services development
- Arranged Mortgage refinancing
- Coordinating environmental studies – Phase 1 ESA, Designated Substance Survey, and geo-tech study
- Co-ordinated with architect, engineers and contractor on project
- Worked closely with HCPM staff & Board of Directors on project budget
- Completed Official Plan and Zoning By-Law Amendments